Tuesday, November 18, 2008

An Update on The I-29 Corridor…

I was interviewed by the Argus Leader for updates on the I-29 Corridor. I wanted to emphasize participation and the fact that Sioux Falls is important to the overall study. Two key points from the article I would like to point out:

Slater Barr, president of the Sioux Falls Development Foundation, said, "Anytime you are trying to do some strategic thinking as a region, that is a good thing.''

And Dwaine Chapel, executive director of the Lake Area Improvement Corp."We felt the regional approach to economic development made a lot of sense,'' he said. "Instead of working against communities, work as a team to create regional opportunities.''

Read the rest of the article at the Argus Leader online…

As the article states, we hope Sioux Falls comes on board because they are a key player in this region. I believe strongly that by forming partnerships among our I-29 communities, we can effectively bolster economic development in the region, subsequently providing benefits for the State of South Dakota as a whole.

Once everyone is on board with this strategy, it will be possible to realize the cumulative benefits of every community working together… and by utilizing this mentality, every community wins.

Corridors have been effective tools in economic development strategies, some of which I wrote about in a previous post.

No comments: